Safety first! Our policy keeps kids safe, it keeps workers safe from liability, and it keeps our congregation safe from accidents and abuse. It's about safety! We want to make sure that all those who lead, supervise, or interact with children act safely and in a Christian manner. We want to equip chaperons and leaders to make wise decisions and respond to unusual situations appropriately. This requires a brushup every few years. All those we work with children at St. Peter's must be certified in our Child Protection Program.
Please contact George Denholm at (812) 372-1571 x2128 to register for a class. Classes are never "full," but will be cancelled when no one signs up.
Training lasts an hour; first time certification includes an interview that may require another 45 minutes. Background check applications can be submitted prior to the class expedite to process.
Upcoming training dates are:
Saturday, Nov. 4, 10am
Tuesday, Nov. 7, 6:30pm
Saturday, Dec. 2, 10am
Tuesday, Dec. 5, 6:30pm
Before you attend our Child Protection Program training, please fill out the certification form:
- Acolyte Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Camera Operator Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Communion Assistant Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- First Aid On-Call Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Greeters Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Lectors Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Projectionist Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Ushers Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Worship Assistant Schedule 9/2017-12/2017
- Worship Prayer Minister 9/2017-12/2017